The train control system being demonstrated is Harmon Industries' Incremental Train Control System and will ultimately cover 77 miles of track owned by Amtrak using the Global Positioning System, digital radio links, and an onboard computer and database to oversee operation of the train and ensure the safety of high speed operation.
What does ITCS stand for?
ITCS stands for Incremental Train Control System (railroads)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ITCS
We have 25 other meanings of ITCS in our Acronym Attic
- International Tobacco Control Policy Survey (UK)
- Individual, Transferable Catch Quotas (Australia)
- Informationstechnologie Claudius Ruecker (German)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica
- Internal Transcriptional Control Region
- In-Theater Computer Repair Activity
- Information Technology Contract and Recruitment Association (Australia and New Zealand)
- International Transit Certification Review Board (Aptrex Institute; Point Roberts, WA)
- Intrathoracic Compression of Respiratory Ways
- Impact Tested Carbon Steel
- Information Technician Chief Senior (US Navy)
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Information Technology Central Services (University of Michigan)
- Information Technology Contracting Staff
- Information Technology Customer Service (various organizations)
- Institute for Theoretical Computer Science (China)
- Integrated Target Control System
- Intermodal Transport Control System
- Internal Thermal Control System
- Italian Computer Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ability to travel safely at 110 miles per hour was made possible by GE's Incremental Train Control System (ITCS), which was installed in Illinois and developed by GE Transportation with assistance from Amtrak, IDOT and FRA, along with the cooperation of Union Pacific, which owns the track.
Harmon will participate in at least two significant test projects in 1996: -- The company's Incremental Train Control System (ITCS) technology is currently being installed as part of a Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) project in Michigan.