QUICK HITS For community college students, the College Cost Reduction Act would: * increase the income protection allowance, which reduces the "work penalty" for students who need to work to defray college expenses.
What does IPA stand for?
IPA stands for Income Protection Allowance (student financial aid)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IPA
We have 527 other meanings of IPA in our Acronym Attic
- Identity, Policy and Audit (software)
- Idrocarburi Policiclici Aromatici (Italian: Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons)
- Illustrators' Partnership of America
- Ilonggo Producers Association (Philippines)
- Image Processing Algorithm
- Image Product Archive (now Image Product Library)
- Implementation Procedures for Airworthiness (US FAA)
- In-Principle Approval (Singapore)
- Income Producing Asset
- Income Property Association (San Rafael, CA)
- Independent Path Algorithm
- Independent Physician Association
- Independent Physicians Association
- Independent Pilots Association
- Independent Practice Association
- Independent Practitioners Alliance (Public Relations Society of America; New York, NY)
- Independent Press Association
- Independent Program Administrator (drug program chief, baseball)
- Independent Program Assessment
- Independent Provider Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The allowances to be deducted from total income include federal income and Social Security taxes (including Medicare taxes--$3,129 and $4,590, respectively, for the Jones family), a calculated allowance for state and other taxes based on the state of residency, an income protection allowance and an employment expense allowance.
This bill would double the Pell grant maximum and increase the Income Protection Allowance.
The bill would increase the income protection allowance, letting working students keep more of their income.