Also, employment structures and age of population, lack of publicly provided social security, negative income elasticity of demand for foreign goods, low level of development of financing and credit facilities for consumers, formal and informal controls of imports of consumer durables were critical elements in fostering savings in both Japan and Korea.
What does YED stand for?
YED stands for Income Elasticity of Demand (economics)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of YED
We have 5 other meanings of YED in our Acronym Attic
- Youth Evangelism Conference
- Young European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation
- Yearbook of the European Convention on Human Rights
- Yukon Electrical Company Limited (Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada)
- Year End Close Out
- Yemen Company (publicly traded)
- Young Earth Creation Science
- Yukon Entrepreneurship Centre Society (Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada)
- Youth Emergency Crisis Stabilization System (Winnipeg, Canada)
- Young Entrepreneurs Council of Ukraine
- Years of Education
- Yeast Extract Dialysate (microbiology)
- Yeast-Extract Dextrose
- Yellow Eyed Demon (from the TV show Supernatural)
- Yeovil Electronic Developments (UK)
- Yei Education and Development Agency (Sudan)
- Young Electronic Designer Awards (UK)
- Yorkville Economic Development Corporation (est. 2000; Yorkville, IL)
- Youth Employment Development Centre (Canada)
- Youth Empowerment for Development Ministries
Samples in periodicals archive:
A recent EU World Agricultural Outlook report says that agriculture is expected to cope better than other sectors with the economic crisis due to the relatively low income elasticity of demand for food.
The aggregate effect depends both on the proportion of households of the two types and on the income elasticity of demand for each group.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] Income Elasticity of Demand The same problem occurs with income elasticity for all the authors cited above.
The positive sign of the income elasticity of demand indicates that electricity is a normal good.
The income elasticity of demand for individual coverage is .
Lottery tax incidence is assessed with multiple regression estimates of the income elasticity of demand for lottery products.
The income elasticity of demand is significantly higher for females than males.