The team also found that mutations in proteins called heterogeneous ribonuclear proteins (hnRNPs) caused an inherited disease in a small number of families with symptoms of ALS, the frontotemporal dementia, the muscle disease inclusion body myopathy, and the bone disorder Paget's disease of bone.
What does IBM stand for?
IBM stands for Inclusion Body Myopathy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IBM
We have 218 other meanings of IBM in our Acronym Attic
- Institute for Business, Law and Technology (Touro Law Center; New York)
- Institution-Based Long-Term Care
- Iowans for Better Local Television
- Ignore Basic Laws of Universe
- Interim Bottom Loss Upgrade
- In-Business Las Vegas (publication; Nevada)
- I Buy Macintosh
- Ich Bin Müde (German: I Am Tired)
- Ideal Breeding Material
- Immersed Boundary Method (mathematics)
- Inclusion Body Myositis (inflammatory muscle disease)
- Indian Bureau of Mines (India)
- Individual-Based Modeling
- Initial Body Mass
- Injection Blow Moulding
- Institut des Biosciences Marines (French; Canada)
- Integrated Border Management
- Integrated Business Management (Sales & Operations Planning)
- Integrated Business Module
- Intensive Bowel Movement
Samples in periodicals archive:
Researchers have launched a clinical trial to evaluate the drug candidate DEX-M74 as a treatment for a rare degenerative muscle disease, hereditary inclusion body myopathy (HIBM).
These include four rare diseases (Niemann-Pick disease type C, hereditary inclusion body myopathy, sickle cell disease, and chronic lymphocytic leukemia) and one neglected disease (schistosomiasis).
a biotechnology company focused on developing treatments for rare and ultra-rare genetic disorders, today announced results from a first-in-human, multi-center, Phase 1 study of UX001 in patients with hereditary inclusion body myopathy (HIBM) showing that UX001 was well-tolerated with an expected extended release profile on absorption after oral administration.
Based on clues provided by a study with transgenic mice, a research group at the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), has developed a strategy that will be tested as the first treatment for people with hereditary inclusion body myopathy (HIBM), a rare, degenerative muscle disease.
The lead product, UX-001, a first-in-class therapy for treatment of Hereditary Inclusion Body Myopathy (HIBM), is expected to enter the clinic in 2011.
Ultragenyx' lead program, UX001, is being evaluated as a potential treatment for GNE myopathy, also known as hereditary inclusion body myopathy (HIBM).
Ultragenyx' lead program, UX001, is being evaluated as a potential treatment for GNE Myopathy, also known as hereditary inclusion body myopathy (HIBM).