[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] An outbreak of inclusion body disease at the CaliforniaAcademy of Sciences in San Francisco allowed DeRisi's group to assemble a collection of RNA from both sick and well snakes.
What does IBD stand for?
IBD stands for Inclusion Body Disease (viral disease of boid snakes)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IBD
We have 95 other meanings of IBD in our Acronym Attic
- Iraq Body Count Visual Aid
- International Business Council of Western Australia
- International Burkholderia Cepacia Working Group
- International Bathymetric Chart of the Western Indian Ocean
- International Bathymetric Chart of the Western Pacific
- Ibadan, Nigeria
- Ibidem (Latin: In the Same Place)
- Identical by Descent (genes)
- Ill Be Damned
- Improvised Biological Device
- Income before Depreciation
- Income-Based Deductible (health plans)
- Indigenous Business Development Program (Australia)
- Infectious Bursal Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Inhabited Building Distance
- Inherited Bleeding Disorder
- Institute for Biodiagnostics
- Institute of Brewing & Distilling (formerly the Institute & Guild of Brewing; UK)
- Insurance Broker/Dealer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hook's letter noted that inclusion body disease can cause bizarre behavior and digestive problems--Larry once refused to eat for six months--and that the virus causing the condition was unknown.