Eventually the output will be linked to Web-based software that will allow end-users, such as incident meteorologists and fire behavior analysts, to interactively add layers on top of fires for real-time field calculations and decision-making.
What does IMET stand for?
IMET stands for Incident Meteorologist (NOAA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IMET
We have 24 other meanings of IMET in our Acronym Attic
- Institution of Municipal Engineering of South Africa
- Ice Mountain Environmental Stewardship Fund (Michigan)
- Institute for the Management of the European Social Fund (Portugal)
- In My Ever So Humble Opinion
- Institute for Media and Society
- Integrated and Modular Engagement System for the Swiss Soldier
- Integriertes Modulares Einsatzsystem Schweizer Soldat (German: Integrated Modular System Using Swiss Soldier)
- International Mastercourse on Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (Brussels, Belgium)
- International Masters in Economy State and Society
- Improved Meteorological Instruments for Ships
- Innovative Mechanical & Electrical Technology (Corporation)
- Inorganic Membrane Electrolysis Technology (Vandenborre Technologies)
- Institute of Medical Education and Training (Australia)
- Integrated Market Enforcement Team (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
- International Military Education and Training (US DoD)
- International Molecular Epidemiology Task Force Group (Mexico)
- International Molecular Electronics Technology Corporation
- Individual Military Education and Training Program
- International Military Education & Training Program
- Infosoft MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) EMS (Enhanced Messaging Service) Testing Suite (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Incident meteorologist John Saltenberger said an inversion layer is forming over the fire area at night, bottling up smoke and pushing it downslope all the way to the valley only to be blown out in the afternoon when the inversion lifts.