Half of the technology that we've identified that's required to do gold on tap, which is in-situ leaching, already exists in the oil and gas industry," he said.
What does ISL stand for?
ISL stands for In-Situ Leaching (Uranium mining)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ISL
We have 212 other meanings of ISL in our Acronym Attic
- Irish Shotokan Karate Union
- I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (Movie Title)
- French-German Research Institute Saint Louis
- IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) Software Labs
- Ice Strengthened Lifeboat
- Iceland (ISO Country code)
- Illinois State Library
- IMO ShortList (International Mathematical Olympiad)
- Impact on Student Learning (various organizations)
- In Silico Liver
- Inbucon Services, Ltd. (Canada)
- Independent School League
- Indeterminate Sentence Law (California)
- India Software Lab (IBM)
- Indian Sign Language
- Individual Stop Loss (insurance industry)
- Indoor Soccer League (various locations)
- Industrial Safety Legislation
- Industrial Security Letter
- Industry Solutions Lab (IBM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Standard for Copper Extracted from In-Situ Leaching 22
Almost all of the concentrate production in 2002 came from in-situ leaching.
These previous operators have indicated that significant parts of these properties are likely to be amenable to in-situ leaching, a relatively benign method of mining and processing of the uranium contained in subsurface deposits.
The Luz del Cobre project will utilize in-situ leaching followed by solvent extraction and electrowinning.
O'Gorman has authored numerous technical papers, including designed patentable and patent pending papers on Ore/Waste Systems, Handling Systems, Mine Costing Spreadsheet Programs, has developed a mine Decline System to reduce waste development requirements for small ore bodies, high-density Backfill Plants and In-Situ Leaching methods to reduce costs of standard heap leaching operations.
There is currently a small scale in-situ leaching scheme active on the property.
Clement commented, "I am pleased by this opportunity to establish the producing headquarters for the development of these deposits that we know are the largest undeveloped resource base amenable to in-situ leaching in the Western World.