In it, the Holy Synod opposes in vitro fertilization and surrogacy, viewing them as a "human interference that is counter to God's will in the existential foundations of life.
What does IVF stand for?
IVF stands for In Vitro Fertilization
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of IVF
We have 141 other meanings of IVF in our Acronym Attic
- In Vivo Selection/Expression Technology
- Initial Vocational Education and Training
- International Vocational Education and Training Association
- Integrated Vocational Education and Training System (Australia)
- Innovative Vocational Education and Training in Transport Area (Transport and Telecommunication Institute; Riga, Latvia)
- Implementation of Virtual Environments in Training and Education (e-learning; European Union)
- Institut Valencià d'Exportación (Spainish: Valencian Worldwide Investment and Foreign Trade Agency)
- Imperial Valley Enterprise Zone
- Idiopathic Ventricular Fibrillation
- Immediate Visual Feedback (computer-assisted language education)
- Inadequate for in Vitro Fertilization
- Institute of Vegetables and Flowers (Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences; China)
- Integrated Vehicle Fluids (spaceflight)
- Intel Video Technology (filename extension)
- Intel Visual Fortran (computing)
- Intervertebral Foramen
- Intra-Venous Fluids
- Intravascular Fluid (plasma)
- In Vitro Fertilization with Donor Sperm (reproductive medicine)
- In Vitro Fertilization and Embryo Transfer
Samples in periodicals archive:
DESPITE INTENSE PRESSURE from conservative Catholics and the church hierarchy, a proposal to criminalize in vitro fertilization (IVF) in Poland was defeated in parliament.
US scientists had lobbied hard to relax Bush's restrictions, complaining that they were falling behind their peers in other countries by not being able to conduct research on fresh stem cells derived from discarded in vitro fertilization embryos.
Children born after in vitro fertilization have elevated odds of developing neurological problems, according to a Swedish population-based study.
Despite what the family planning zealots on Capitol Hill may wish to tell the American people, in vitro fertilization is a gravely immoral act which undercuts the procreative bonds of marriage and results in abortion.
17 Kyodo An ethics council of the Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology has agreed to propose conditionally allowing in vitro fertilization for married couples using sperm or eggs donated from a third party, council sources said Thursday.
TOKYO, June 9 Kyodo A record 9,211 babies were born in Japan by in vitro fertilization procedures conducted in 1997, officials at the Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology said Wednesday.
The pregnancy, which would have seemed unimaginable just a few years ago, is possible through an in vitro fertilization procedure in which one woman contributes her eggs, which are fertilized by a donor's sperm, and her partner carries their baby.