The company recently received $96 million to produce, install and support 416 Improved Thermal Sight Systems (ITSS) for the Corps' Light Armored Vehicles (LAV 25s) and $25 million in Firepower Enhancement Program (FEP) funds to outfit another 150 of their 403 M1A1 tanks with equivalent night vision systems.
What does ITSS stand for?
ITSS stands for Improved Thermal Sight System (USMC)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ITSS
We have 65 other meanings of ITSS in our Acronym Attic
- Immunization Tracking System Repository
- Information Technology Services Request
- Information Technology Strategic Research (US NASA)
- Institute for Treatment and Services Research (National Development and Research Institutes, Inc.; New York, NY)
- International Technical Standards and Regulations (International Finance Corporation; Washington, DC)
- Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations (US Treasury)
- Information Technology and Society Research Group (Philadelphia, PA)
- IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager
- Independent Transport Safety and Reliability Regulator (Australia)
- Improved Tactical Surveillance Sonobuoy
- Indirect Tensile Strength (engineering)
- Information Technology Services and Solutions (various organizations)
- Information Technology Services Support (various locations)
- Information Technology Solutions and Services (various organizations)
- Information Technology Solutions Shop (GSA)
- Information Technology Support Services contract
- Information Technology Systems and Services
- Information Technology Systems and Solutions
- Information Technology Systems Specialist
- Instructional Technology Support Services (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Tom Miller, the US Army's Tank-automotive and Armaments Command team leader for the LAV Slep, there are two distinct elements to the Slep programme: the `Basic Slep' (by Metric) and a second part for an Improved Thermal Sight System (ITSS) to replace the current model with a Gen II.
Working with Raytheon's locations in McKinney, Texas, Long Beach, California and El Segundo, California, Ultra MSI will supply advanced technology Hall-effect hand controls for use in Raytheon's Improved Thermal Sight System (ITSS) used in the Marine Corps light-armored vehicles, the LAV-25.