This event will greatly enhance the economic base in Imperial County--one of the poorest areas in California, characterized by the following: Median household income $50,099 Population 153,881 Percentage without a high school diploma 40 Median home price $209,000 (high for region) Source: Imperial Valley Economic Development Corporation, 2005 Against this backdrop, the county appreciates the need for an entrepreneurial vision, willingness to network and partner with new constituencies, a competitive spirit, and a desire to invent creative solutions.
What does IVEDC stand for?
IVEDC stands for Imperial Valley Economic Development Corporation (California)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Institute for Veterinary Epidemiology and Biostatistics (Berlin, Germany)
- Immortalized Vascular Endothelial Cell
- Immortalized Venous Endothelial Cell
- Indianapolis Veterinary Emergency Center (Indianapolis, IN)
- Interactive Virtual Environments Centre (Australia)
- International Vacuum Electronics Conference
- International Vascular and Endovascular Course (Europe)
- Imperial Valley Emergency Communications Authority (El Centro, CA)
- Industrial Vehicle Corporation
- Interactive Virtual Environment for the Correction of .STL Files
- Formalin-Inactivated Venezuelan Equine Encephalomyelitis Virus Vaccine (immunology)
- Information Visualization Exploration Environment
- Instituut Voor Energetische Geneeskunde (Dutch: Institute for Energy Medicine; The Netherlands)
- Intermittent Vascular Exclusion of the Liver
- Institute of Virology and Environmental Microbiology (UK)
- Intermediate Voltage Electron Microscopy
- Intermediate-Voltage Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Importadora de Vehículos Motorizados SA (Guatemala, automobile distributor)
- Integrated Visual Environment Maintenance Trainer (Royal Australian Air Force)
- Influenza Vaccine Exchange Network (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
3 percent, and the Imperial Valley Economic Development Corporation estimates that approximately 642 jobs will be directly or indirectly created as a result of the project development, adding much needed vibrancy to this region.
Serving as Southern California Marketing Co-Chairs are Grant Thomas, Marketing and Communications manager for Southern California Edison and Louis Fuentes, president and CEO of the Imperial Valley Economic Development Corporation.