Yesterday, Ron and Betty received personal congratulations from the Queen, whom they met during a visit to Buckingham Palace in 1975 when Oxford graduate Ron was awarded the Imperial Service Order to mark his retirement.
What does ISO stand for?
ISO stands for Imperial Service Order
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISO
We have 376 other meanings of ISO in our Acronym Attic
- Icelandic-Swedish-New York University (socket system)
- Internet Song of the Year, Inc. (stock symbol; website)
- ImageSport NZ (Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Independent Schools of New Zealand
- Intrinsically Safe New Zealand (explosion proof equipment)
- [not an acronym] common short name for the International Organization for Standardization; also see Iso- prefix
- Illinois Symphony Orchestra
- Imaging Spectrometric Observatory
- Imamia Students Organization (Pakistan)
- Immigrant Serving Organization (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Birmingham Post, August 1953100 Years Ago Yesterday afternoon at Buckingham Palace, the King conferred the Imperial Service Order upon a large number of gentlemen.
Awarded the Imperial Service Order in 1988, Roy McDowall was married for 48 years to Jenny, who survives him, as do their three children.