The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to procure one or more Offerors to provide Impartial Hearing Officer (IHO) services for New Mexico Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (NMDVR) administrative proceedings involving vocational rehabilitation or independent living services.
What does IHO stand for?
IHO stands for Impartial Hearing Officer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IHO
We have 33 other meanings of IHO in our Acronym Attic
- I Have No Response to That (from the movie Joe versus the Volcano)
- Institute for Hyper Network Society (Japan; est. 1993)
- Institute for the History of Natural Sciences
- Interfaith Hospitality Network of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
- Interfaith Hospitality Network of Summit County (Akron, OH)
- Ice Hockey New South Wales (Australia)
- I Have Nothing to Add
- Infectious Hematopoietic Necrosis Virus
- I Have No Warlord
- I Hate New York
- Impeded Harmonic Oscillation
- Imperial Hotel, Osaka (Osaka, Japan)
- In Honor Of
- Industrieverband Hygiene und Oberflächenschutz Für Industrielle und Institutionelle Anwendung eV (German industrial union of hygiene and surface protection for industrial and institutional application)
- Inorganic Halogen Oxidizer
- Institute of Human Origins (Arizona State University)
- Integrated Health Care Organization
- Intermediate Home Office (various organizations)
- International Hydrographic Organization
- Illinois Hockey Officials Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The matter was sent back to the mayor to appoint an impartial hearing officer and conduct a new hearing.
However, the Court did not specify the precise degree of judicial deference to be accorded to each of these administrative levels, with the impartial hearing officer being the linchpin in this process.
State VR agencies are now required to implement policies and procedures relating to mediation of disputes between individuals and the agency, in addition to providing for formal hearings before impartial hearing officers (IHO).
``A decision-maker, biased to the point of having already predetermined a pending matter, is not an impartial hearing officer.
Impartial hearing officers are to be chosen either randomly or by agreement of the director of the state agency and the individual with a disability from a pool of qualified persons identified jointly by the agency and the members of the State Rehabilitation Advisory Council or a comparable commission (1992 Amendments, 124(d)).