The insulin in this study is referred to as immunoreactive insulin.
What does IRI stand for?
IRI stands for Immunoreactive Insulin
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IRI
We have 166 other meanings of IRI in our Acronym Attic
- Iron Range Historical Society (est. 1973; Gilbert, MN)
- Ironwood Ridge High School (Oro Valley, Arizona)
- Indiana Register of Historic Sites and Structures
- Inuvik Regional Health and Social Services Authority (Canada)
- Inherent Repair Half-Time
- Institut de Recherche et d'Histoire des Textes (French: Institute for the Research and History of Texts)
- Iowa Rural Health Telecommunications Program
- Integrated Renewable Hydrogen Utility System
- Inferior Right Hepatic Vein
- Illinois Regional Health Workforce Center (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- In Ranks Inspection
- Indiana Robotics Invitational (Indianapolis, IN)
- Industrial Reporting, Inc. (Ashland, VA)
- Industrial Research and Innovation (various organizations)
- Industrial Research Institute
- Industrial Risk Insurance
- Industrial Risk Insurers (Employers Reinsurance Corporation group of companies, a part of the General Electric Company)
- Inertial Reference Interface
- Infinity Resources, Inc. (marketing)
- Informal Reading Inventory
Samples in periodicals archive:
Serum immunoreactive insulin responses to a glucose load in Asian Indian and European type 2 (noninsulin-dependent) diabetic patients and control subjects.
Metformin therapy is associated with a decrease in plasma plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, lipoprotein(a), and immunoreactive insulin levels in patients with the polycystic ovary syndrome.
Measuring Beta Cell Function It has been observed that the ratio of proinsulin or PI (a hormone produced by the pancreas that is converted into insulin) compared with immunoreactive insulin or IRI is inversely related to beta cell function in type 2 diabetes patients.
Immunoreactive insulin was measured in heparinized plasma by double antibody RIA with Sepharose attached to the second antibody for separation by decanting (PhRIA100; Pharmacia Ltd).
Synthesis of immunoreactive insulin in vitro by aplastic mammary carcinoma preconditioned in diabetic mice.
The specific determination of insulin lispro offers advantages over measuring total concentrations of immunoreactive insulin and would be particularly useful in assessing the pharmacokinetics of insulin lispro in patients with insulin resistance and in documenting factitious hypoglycemia from injection of insulin lispro.
In one patient, the insulin value represented 67% (248 pmol/L) of the total immunoreactive insulin (367 pmol/ L), and the two conversion intermediates were present in almost equal amounts (estimated concentrations of des 31,32 proinsulin, 48 pmol/L; estimated concentration of des 64,65 proinsulin, 42 pmol/L).