Indirect immunofluorescence assays were negative for likely viruses including influenza A and B, respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, and parainfluenza viruses types 1 to 3.
What does IFA stand for?
IFA stands for Immunofluorescence Assay
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IFA
We have 312 other meanings of IFA in our Acronym Attic
- Inhibitory Factor 1 (molecular biology)
- Initiation Factor 1 (molecular biology)
- International Formula 1
- Initiation Factor 2
- Initiation Factor 3
- Asociación Internacional de la Industria de los Fertilizantes
- Ian Farmer Associates Ltd
- IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) Financing Advantage
- Illinois Finance Authority
- Image Analysis Facility
- Imposition Forfaitaire Annuelle (French: Fixed Annual Tax)
- In-Flight Alignment (GPS)
- In-Flight Anomaly (NASA)
- Independent Fee Appraiser (National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers)
- Independent Financial Adviser (UK)
- Index Funds Advisors, Inc. (Irvine, CA)
- Indian Football Association (India)
- Indiana Finance Authority
- Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
- Indirect Immunofluorescence Assay
Samples in periodicals archive:
IgM and IgG against WNV were detected in serum and in CSF by indirect immunofluorescence assay with an 8-fold (IgM) and 32-fold (IgG) increase in serum titer from day 4 to day 26 (Table).
According to the results of detection of ABV RNA by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction and of anti-ABV antibodies by indirect immunofluorescence assay, 43 of the birds were found to be infected with ABV.
pneumoniae could not be detected by PCR or immunofluorescence assay in any specimen.
SANDWICH IMMUNOFLUORESCENCE ASSAYS Sandwich 2-step NT-proBNP immunofluorescence assay (IFA).
Anticytokeratins are a potential source of false-positive indirect immunofluorescence assays for C-ANCA.
This compares with 1-2 weeks for the most commonly used initial HIV test, the enzyme immune assay, confirmed with Western blot or immunofluorescence assay.
Clinical suspicion of rickettsial infection is widely confirmed by serologic tests with the indirect immunofluorescence assay (IFA) being the standard test.