In its February consultation paper, however, the Immigration and Nationality Directorate of the Home Office (now the Border and Immigration Agency) made clear it not only wanted to introduce dental checks "where there is a reasonable doubt about the claimed age", but also its view that an "unreasonable refusal to undergo an x-ray examination should strongly inform the final decision on age".
What does IND stand for?
IND stands for Immigration and Nationality Directorate (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IND
We have 58 other meanings of IND in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology (Poland)
- International Conference on Innovative Computing Technology
- Iraqi National Counter-Terrorism Task Force Transition Team
- Ivy-Northeast Collegiate Taekwondo League
- International Conference on Transgender Law and Employment Policy
- International Network for Cancer Treatment and Research
- International Network of Customs Universities (University of Canberra; Canberra, Australia)
- Imprensa Nacional de Cabo Verde
- Institut National des Cultures Vivrieres (Togo)
- Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ms Homer was further embarrassed more recently when she admitted her officials at the Immigration and Nationality Directorate did not have the "faintest idea" how many illegal immigrants are living in the UK.
Now Conservative immigration spokesman Damian Green has warned underworld figures concentrated their efforts on ports with no permanent Immigration and Nationality Directorate presence.
The move is part of Dr Reid's plan to reform the crisis-hit Immigration and Nationality Directorate.
John Reid admitted for the first time the beleaguered Immigration and Nationality Directorate had files on 450,000 rejected refugees.
A Home Office spokesman said: "A member of staff at the Immigration and Nationality Directorate has been arrested by police.
The Immigration and Nationality Directorate was struggling to cope with a huge rise in international migration with a system that was designed for an earlier era, he said.
Conservatives claimed the arrests on Wednesday night were proof that the Immigration and Nationality Directorate - which has responsibility for tracking down and expelling illegal immigrants - was in "chaos".