We next examined the effects of cadmium on the transcript level of bcl-2 by Northern blotting, comparing with that of c-myc as the immediate early gene.
What does IEG stand for?
IEG stands for Immediate Early Gene
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IEG
We have 64 other meanings of IEG in our Acronym Attic
- International Energy Forum Secretariat
- International Exotic Feline Sanctuary
- Isometric Elbow Flexor Strength
- Inland Empire Fire Safe Alliance
- Indigenous Education Foundation of Tanzania (est. 2005)
- International Education Fairs of Turkey
- International Electronic Funds Transfer
- Initial-Entry Fixed-Wing (US Army)
- International Freedom of Expression
- Imagery Exploitation Group
- Implementing Electronic Government
- Industrial Engineering Group (various organizations)
- Industries Electriques et Gazières (French: Gas and Electric Industries)
- Information Exchange Group
- Information Exchange Guide
- Infrastructure Enablement Group (AMD)
- Institut für Europäische Geschichte (German: Institute of European History)
- Institute of Economic Growth (India)
- Integrated Equipment Group (US IRS)
- Interfaith Environmental Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a 3-month study of 50 recipients of hearts, lungs, or both organs, physicians at Harefield Hospital in Middlesex, UK detected immediate early gene expression of CMV RNA transcripts at a median of 2.
The inhibition of tumor growth was equivalent to that observed when a strong non-selective promoter, such as the cytomegalovirus immediate early gene (CMV-IE) promoter, was used to drive tk gene expression.