About the Joint Standoff Weapon JSOW is a family of low-cost, air-to-ground weapons that employ an integrated GPS-inertial navigation system and terminal imaging infrared seeker.
What does I2R stand for?
I2R stands for Imaging Infrared
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of I2R
- Investigative Information Management System (US Air Force Office of Special Investigations)
- Information Innovation Office (US DoD)
- Ingres to Oracle (computer application migration)
- Intelligent Input/Output
- Idea to Product (academic competition; University of Texas at Austin)
- Industry Information Processor
- Information to Pharmacists (web magazine; Australia)
- Introduction to Physics (college course; various locations)
- Invisible Internet Project
- Ideas to Reality (various organizations)
- Institute for Infocomm Research
- Integer to Real (Just Another Scripting Syntax)
- Inferior to Superior
- Integer to String (programming)
- Intelligent Systems Solutions (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Inter IC Sound
- Internet Information Server (Microsoft)
- Integrated Intelligence Support System
- Infrastructures Interdependencies Simulation (University of British Columbia, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
FAAM is a highly agile, hit-to-kill weapon (with no warhead or fuze) with a combined millimeter-wave radar and imaging infrared seeker.
JSOW is a family of low-cost, air-to-ground weapons that employs an integrated GPS- inertial navigation system and terminal imaging infrared seeker, guiding the weapon to the target, said a statemment from Raytheon.
Managed by ONR's Naval Air Warfare and Weapons Department as a Future Naval Capability (FNC), LCITS equips the unguided Hydra-70 rocket with a low-cost imaging infrared guidance solution to more accurately strike an intended target.
The imaging infrared version can track a target by locking onto the target's heat source to overcome darkness and inclement weather.
The mid-range munition, or MRM, is a chemical-energy warhead with a dual mode semi-active laser and imaging infrared seeker.
The US Army's XM1111 Mid-Range Munition (MRM) for the FCS Mounted Combat System has both imaging infrared and laser sensors.
In addition, our 13F FOs, JFOs and COLTs will train to employ PAM in its various engagement modes: grid attack, semi-active laser (laser designation) and uncooled imaging infrared.