6, at the Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI-TUSAE[currency]) facilities in Ankara, as an observation and imagery satellite code named GE[micro]ktE-rk-2 was completed, I recalled the problems existing within the military procurement policy that need to be reformed to end multi-decision-making mechanisms that result in duplication, increasing the cost of projects that could otherwise be allocated, for example, for R&D schemes.
What does IMSAT stand for?
IMSAT stands for Imagery Satellite
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IMSAT
We have 1 other meaning of IMSAT in our Acronym Attic
- Seaman Apprentice, Instrumentman Striker (Naval Rating)
- Iowa Managed Substance Abuse Care Plan (behavioral health care)
- Illness, Medication, Stress, Alchohol, Fatigue, Emotion (checklist for pilots)
- Internal Medicine Society of Australia and New Zealand
- In My Somewhat Arrogant Opinion
- International Marine Sciences Affairs Panel
- Information Management System for Administrative Records (records management and classification system; Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada)
- Institute of Management Studies and Research (Maharshi Dayanand University; Rohtak, India)
- Institute of Materials Science and Applied Research (Vilnius University; Lithuania)
- Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Unit
- Institute for Medical Science and Technology (UK)
- Intelligent Manufacturing-Simulation Agents Tool
- I Am So Bored (Internet slang)
- Ice and Marine Services Branch
- Improving Medical Support to a Brigade (UK Army Medical Doctrine)
- Information Management Services Branch
- Insight Meditation South Bay (California)
- Institute of Membrane and Systems Biology (Faculty of Biological Studies; University of Leeds; UK)
- Intelligent Mail Small Business (software)
- Immature Senile Cataract (eyes)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Companies that develop and operate communication satellites typically also lease out their capacity to other users, and SSTL is currently working on a business model to be launched in 2014 that will lease a constellation of small imagery satellites to a mixed basket of users.
The GeoEye-2 imagery satellite is being built to support GeoEye's EnhancedView contracts with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and also to meet the growing demands for imagery from commercial and international customers.
The expected life span of an imagery satellite is five to seven years, although many may exceed that predicted parameter.
The derivation of a higher-resolution image from two lower-resolution images is a new capability for commercial imagery satellite systems and this derived imagery product should be evaluated for its utility for the war-fighter.
GeoEye-1 currently is the world's highest resolution imagery satellite.
GOKTURK SATELLITE: Code named GE[micro]ktE-rk-2, an observation and imagery satellite which will be used both for military and civilian purposes is completed and en route to China to be launched.
With the launch of GeoEye-1 last September, we put into service the world's most advanced commercial imagery satellite, which is delivering the highest resolution, most accurate color satellite imagery available today.