31, said Jonathon Monken, director of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency and the state s Homeland Security Advisor.
What does IEMA stand for?
IEMA stands for Illinois Emergency Management Agency (ESDS/Civil Defense)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IEMA
We have 20 other meanings of IEMA in our Acronym Attic
- Intelligent Energy Management
- Interactive Educational Multimedia (various schools)
- Interim Examination and Maintenance
- Internal Electricity Market
- International European Movement
- Internet Explorer Maintenance (browser extension)
- Interpretative / Explanatory Material (Joint Aviation Requirements)
- Invalid End of Message
- Istanbul Emniyet Mudurlugu (Istanbul Security Administration)
- Installation Equipment Management - Bar Code Inventory System
- Immuno Enzymometric Assay
- Impuesto a Las Empresas Mercantiles y Agropecuarias (Spanish: Tax on Commercial and Agricultural Enterprises; Guatemala)
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- Intelligent Energy Management Agent
- Interactive Entertainment Merchants Association
- International Electronic Music Association
- International Ensemble Modern Academy (Germany)
- Iowa Educational Media Association
- International Education Ministry Accreditation Association
- International Emergency Management Assistance Memorandum of Understanding
Samples in periodicals archive:
ComEd activated its Emergency Operations Center early this morning in advance of the expected storm and is coordinating response activities with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency.
Emergency Management Agency The Illinois Emergency Management Agency recently amended the requirements governing low-level radioactive waste disposal facilities in Illinois.
Bill" Burke has served as director of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency since 2003, coordinating incident response while building terrorism preparedness alongside Illinois Homeland Security and the state's Terrorism Task Force.
Key agencies throughout the county were present including the Chairman of County Supervisors, Illinois Emergency Management Agency county representatives, members of the Fertilizer and Agriculture Board, Lawrence County Sheriff, a representative for the Illinois Attorney General, and several Sumner Illinois city officials and concerned citizens.
These statutes include the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act, (8) the Volunteer Protection Act of 1997, (9) the Local Governmental and Governmental Employees Tort Immunity Act, (10) the Good Samaritan Act, (11) the Illinois Emergency Management Agency Act, (12) and the Emergency Medical Services Systems Act.
Prior to joining SDI, Zoufal held a variety of high level public safety and security positions, most recently serving as special assistant to the director of Illinois Emergency Management Agency, who also serves as acting homeland security director for the State of Illinois.
Before being distributed in Illinois, the handbook was reviewed by a number of governmental agencies including the Governor's Office, Illinois State Police, Illinois Emergency Management Agency, and the Attorney General's Office.