The owner of the gated three storey house, who the ECHO is unable to name for legal reasons, was under investigation by the national illegal money lending unit when the loaded semi-automatic pistol was discovered along with knives, machetes and knuckle dusters.
What does IMLU stand for?
IMLU stands for Illegal Money Lending Unit (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IMLU
We have 1 other meaning of IMLU in our Acronym Attic
- International Meso-Lipotherapy Society
- Interpolating Moving Least Squares (engineering)
- Investors Multiple Listing Service (real estate)
- Integrated Medical Logistics Support Team
- Impact Measurement and Learning Team (CARE)
- Institute for Management and Leadership Training (Windhoek, Namibia)
- Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology (formerly Institute of Biomedical Science)
- Integrated Medical Logistics Team
- In My Less Than Humble Opinion
- Intermatrix Line Termination Unit (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It comes as Wales' Illegal Money Lending Unit (WIMLU) warned "despicable and predatory" loan sharks operating in Wales are charging vulnerable victims interest of up to 131,000% APR.
Wales' Illegal Money Lending Unit (WIMLU) has pinpointed PS2.
We work with the Scottish Illegal Money Lending Unit to identify the loan sharks and shut them down.
Warwickshire Trading Standards will continue to work with the illegal money lending unit to take action against loan sharks working in the county.
Led by Solihull Council Trading Standards officer Phil Page, the team will be based in Solihull where three investigators and a police officer will work closely with Trading Standards as well as the specialist Illegal Money Lending Unit based in Birmingham.
Councillor Judith Woodman, executive member for communities, housing and social justice at Cardiff council, said: "People in Cardiff and throughout Wales, who have engaged with a loan shark, need to be aware that the Wales Illegal Money Lending Unit is demonstrating success in tackling loan sharks and helping victims.
Officials from the Scottish Illegal Money Lending Unit put Reid, of Motherwell, under surveillance after a tip-off.