After the shootings, the City Council passed and Barletta signed the Illegal Immigration Relief Act, a get-tough ordinance that would have imposed a $1,000-per-day fine on landlords who rented to illegal immigrants and would have revoked the business license of any employer who hired illegally.
What does IIRA stand for?
IIRA stands for Illegal Immigration Relief Act (Hazelton, PA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IIRA
We have 10 other meanings of IIRA in our Acronym Attic
- Intelligence Information Report
- Intelligent Information Retrieval
- Inter-Interface Relationships
- Interactive Information Retrieval
- Interlinking Internal Reference
- Intermediate Information Requirement
- Intermediate-Node Initiated Reservation
- International Institute of Reflexology
- International Institute of Refrigeration (est. 1908)
- Isstituto Italiano del Rame
- Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (Western Illinois University)
- Integrated Inertial Reference Assembly
- International Industrial Relations Association
- Ipertesti, Internet E Ricerca Agraria
- Islamic International Rating Agency (credit rating)
- Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act
- If I Read Correctly
- If I Really Cared
- If I Recall/Remember Correctly
- If I Recollect Correctly
Samples in periodicals archive:
An example is the Illegal Immigration Relief Act passed in 2006 in Hazleton, Pennsylvania.
passed the Illegal Immigration Relief Act in July: Landlords will be fined $1,000 a day for renting property to illegal immigrants.
Macklin made national headlines this year by sponsoring the Illegal Immigration Relief Act, a measure designed to control severe problems with illegal immigrants in the central Florida community he presides over.