About A4250 A4250 belongs to a class of inhibitors of the ileal bile acid transporter (IBAT, syn.
What does IBAT stand for?
IBAT stands for Ileal Bile Acid Transporter
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IBAT
We have 8 other meanings of IBAT in our Acronym Attic
- Integrated Apogee Boost Subsystem
- Interceptor Body Armor System
- International Business and Strategy (various locations)
- Intracom Broadband Access System
- Investment Banking Advisory Services
- Initial Base Adjustment Strategy Committee
- Instituto Brasileiro de Análises Sociais E Econômicas (Portuguese: Brazilian Institute of Social and Economic Analysis)
- Intel Baseline AGP System Evaluation Suite
- Intervals Between Aircraft In Stream-Type Formation
- Inteligentny Budynek Automatyczne Systemy (Polish: Intelligent Building Management Systems)
- Improved Brilliant Anti-Tank (submunition)
- Incentive Based Afterschool Training
- Independent Bankers Association of Texas
- Indiana Brownfields Advisory Team
- Industrial Base Assessment Tool (US DoD)
- Installation Breath Alcohol Technician (US Army)
- Institute of Bookbinding and Allied Trades (UK)
- Institute of Business Administration and Technology (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Institute of Business Administration and Training (India)
- Institute of Business and Technology (Ireland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Elobixibat is acting locally in the gut with minimal systemic exposure and modulates the enterohepatic circulation of bile acids by inhibiting the Ileal Bile Acid Transporter (IBAT) thereby increasing colonic fluid secretion and motility.
4) years] and patients who had undergone resection of terminal ileum, for whom malabsorption of bile acids would be expected owing to the loss of ileal bile acid transporter [22 males, 28 females, mean (SD) age 41.