They include some of the earliest descriptions of balloon angioplasty applications, numerous techniques of thrombolysis, the use of splenic embolization to control hypersplenism in children, and recently, dural sinus stenting for idiopathic intracranial hypertension, which have helped to shape the fields.
What does IIH stand for?
IIH stands for Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (abnormal increase in the pressure of the cerebral spinal fluid without obstruction or known cause)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IIH
We have 29 other meanings of IIH in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Intergovernmental Relations (Queen's University, Canada)
- Ipsilateral Instinctive Grasp Reaction (neurology)
- Indian Institute of Geographical Studies
- Initial Image Generating Subsystem
- Interactive Image-Guided Surgery (laparoscopic surgery)
- International Institute of Gurmat Studies (Sikh organization)
- International Internet Genealogy Society
- International Institute for General Systems Studies (Pennsylvania)
- Indomethacin-Induced Gastric Ulceration
- Branschföreningen För Industriell Och Institutionell Hygien (Swedish union of industrial and institutional hygiene)
- Institute of International Health
- Intelligent Information Handler
- Intensive in-Home (health service)
- Intermediate-system To Intermediate-system Hello
- International Institute of Hand Analysis
- International Intelligence History Association
- Irish Ice Hockey Association
- International Ice Hockey Centre of Excellence (Vierumaki, Finland)
- Indian and Inuit Health Careers Program
- Indonesian Institute for Human Development (Airlangga University; Surabaya, Indonesia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2]) with idiopathic intracranial hypertension for more than 3 months were prescribed a low-energy diet (425 kcal per day) for 3 months.
In a cross-sectional, population-based study of 900,000 children ages 2-19 years old, researchers found 78 cases of pediatric idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
She was diagnosed with rare idiopathic intracranial hypertension - fluid pressuring the brain - that affects just one in 100,000.
Clinical support worker Charlotte, of Cresswell, Staffs, was suffering from idiopathic intracranial hypertension, which affects one in 100,000 people.
Intercranial hypertension IDIOPATHIC intracranial hypertension (IIH), sometimes called by the older names benign intracranial hypertension (BIH) or pseudotumor cerebri (PTC), is a neurological disorder.
Minor head trauma accounted for 23% of the cases, whereas head surgery and idiopathic intracranial hypertension each was associated with 10% of the cases, Dr.
Minor head trauma accounted for 23%, while head surgery and idiopathic intracranial hypertension each was associated with 10% of the cases.