This contract is continuation of a phase wise delivery for Nigerian National Identity Management System that was awarded to NADRA earlier in 2009.
What does IMS stand for?
IMS stands for Identity Management System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IMS
We have 659 other meanings of IMS in our Acronym Attic
- Industrial Metrology Research Unit (UK)
- Institute of Microbiology, Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ)
- Investment Management Research Unit (est. 2005; UK)
- Integrated Major Reference Works (Germany)
- Center for Intelligent Maintenance Systems (University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee)
- Fraunhofer Institut für Mikroelektronische Schaltungen und Systeme
- I Am Sorry
- I Must Say
- Ice Mapping System
- Ice Mountain Splash (amusement park ride)
- If Memory Serves
- If Modified Since (Squid)
- Illustration Management System
- Image Management Systems, Inc. (New York City)
- Image Microsystems Inc.
- Image Movement Signal (Corollary Discharge Theory)
- Imagery Management System
- Imagery Manipulation Services
- Immunomagnetic Separation (laboratory tool)
- Impact Monitoring System (energy absorption)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The two firms approved by the Federal Government to carry out the new National Identity Management system for Nigeria have given their commitment to ensuring a more robust, secure and efficient identity card system using the most modern technologies for the country.
While sophisticated security and identity management systems may reduce the risk for assaults against workers and speed the identification and apprehension of unauthorized persons in buildings and networks, they are not always enough to deter a determined perpetrator.
Daon, a global leader in identity software and services, today announced the launch of the world's leading interoperable identity management system for travelers using biometric data -- the Central Identity Management System (CIMS).
Organizations today are faced with the complexity of managing mixed networks and multiple identity management systems as well as the additional pressures of meeting regulatory compliance demands," said John Enck, Research Vice President and Research Director at Gartner Inc.
Now by abstracting data, there are so many things I can do and ways I can apply the data," said Jeff Anderson, Assistant Vice President -- Identity Management Systems at Fifth Third Bank.
PingFederate is an award-winning, standalone federated identity management server that is particularly well-suited for service providers like Rapattoni because it can support multiple applications, yet it does not require a heavyweight identity management system.
Forum Sentry STS is an enterprise-grade OASIS WS-Trust security token server that is deployed to extend existing identity management systems within a federated Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).