Both pilots involved in the incident, a Major and a Lieutenant Colonel, were serving with the squadron, part of the Idaho Air National Guard, and neither had conflict experience.
What does IANG stand for?
IANG stands for Idaho Air National Guard
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Interim Afghanistan National Development Strategy (Afghanistan)
- International Association of Near-Death Studies
- Information Assurance Network Engineer (Iraq)
- Interprovincial Association on Native Employment, Inc. (Canada)
- Inventors' Association of New England (Lexington, MA)
- Irrigation Association of New England (North Hampton, NH)
- Islamic Academy of New England (Sharon, MA)
- Inter-American Nuclear Energy Commission
- Immunoreactive Atrial Natriuretic Factor
- Inter-Allied Nuclear Force
- International Association for Natural Gas Vehicles
- India Association of New Hampshire (Manchester)
- International Association of New Haven (Connecticut)
- Intended Average Net Income (UK)
- Instituto Argentino de Nivología, Glaciología y Ciencias Ambientales (Spanish: Argentine Institute of Snow Research, Glaciology and Environmental Sciences)
- Innovative Actions Network for the Information Society
- Irrigation Association of New Jersey
- International Association of Neo-Latin Studies
- Information Assurance Network Manager
- I Am Not Making This Up
Samples in periodicals archive:
The inquest in Oxford heard a cockpit recording from one of the planes in which the pilots, a major and a lieutenant colonel from the Idaho Air National Guard, wrongly identified the convoy's "friendly" orange panels as enemy rocket launchers.
Both pilots involved in the incident, a Major and a Lieutenant Colonel, were serving with the 190th Fighter Squadron, based in Boise, Idaho, and part of the Idaho Air National Guard, and neither had conflict experience.
On several occasions the pilots, a Major and a Lieutenant Colonel of the 190th Fighter Squadron, the Idaho Air National Guard who had never been in action before, say they can see orange panels on top of the armoured vehicles, which were used to identify them as coalition, rather than Iraqi, forces.
They were loaded into the containers at eight Idaho food processing plants in the southeastern section of the state and brought to a truck stop here this afternoon, where another 1,300 pounds of relief food collected by the Idaho Air National Guard were added to the containers.