Scientists from the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre say that IFN holds great promise to repair bones affected by osteoporosis.
What does ISGF stand for?
ISGF stands for IFN (Interferon)-Stimulated Gene Factor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ISGF
We have 1 other meaning of ISGF in our Acronym Attic
- Integrated Scatter/Gather Engine
- International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy
- International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology (Pisa, Italy)
- Indian Self-Government Enabling Act
- Indian Sugar and General Engineering Corporation (India)
- International Society for Genetic and Evolutionary Computation
- International Society for Genetic Eye Diseases
- International Study Group on Ethnomathematics
- In-Situ Genetics Experiments on Nanosatellites (US NASA)
- International Society of Geographical and Epidemiological Ophthalmology
- Innovative Systems Group of Florida, Inc. (Orlando, FL)
- International Scout and Guide Fellowship
- Interferon-Stimulated Gene Factor 2
- Interferon-Stimulated Gene Factor 3
- International Society for Geometry and Graphics
- International Study Group on Gastric Cancer
- Islamic Society of Greater Harrisburg (Steelton, PA)
- Islamic Society of Greater Houston
- Individual and Small Group Instruction (education)
- Information Systems Group, Inc. (Westfield, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
April 1, 2008 /PRNewswire/ -- Merrill Corporation, a leading global provider of technology-enabled services for the legal, financial, real estate and other corporate markets, and IFN Financial Press, a Hong Kong-based financial printer, today announced an alliance, "Merrill IFN," to meet the local and international financial document services needs of its customers in Greater China and global markets.
To everyone's surprise, the interferon tested, IFN gamma, made MS attacks worse.
The adverse effects of medication were most prominent at initiation of IFN therapy, declining in frequency and severity over the next six months until few adverse effects were apparent.
Conventional IFN administration by injection often results in low concentrations at target sites and high concentrations in circulation, which may cause serious side effects.
report that an IFN-derived immunogen called IFN kinoid (a heterocomplex of IFN and keyhole limpet hemocyanin) delayed and/or prevented the manifestations of lupus (including proteinuria, histological lesions and death triggered by IFN Adv challenge) in NZB/W mice.
The NS1 of both influenza A and B viruses prevents the activation of the translation inhibitory and IFN inducible protein PKR (25,26); the NS1 of influenza B virus inhibits the activity of ISG15 (27), an IFN-inducible protein that enhances the IFN-mediated antiviral response.
PARIS, France, March 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Nautilus Biotech today announced the successful completion of comparative monkey studies between Nautilus proprietary IFN alpha (Belerofon(TM)) and two leading commercial IFN alpha drugs: native IFN alpha and pegylated IFN alpha.