The task at hand was the converging of two defense logistics system stalwarts, the Defense Logistics Agency's Integrated Data Environment with the US Transportation Command's Global Transportation Network--each of which tracks millions of logistics transactions daily--into a unified platform called IDE/GTN Convergence, or IGC.
What does IGC stand for?
IGC stands for IDE/GTN (Integrated Development Environment/Global Transportation Network) Convergence (Joint USTRANSCOM and DLA Program)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IGC
We have 178 other meanings of IGC in our Acronym Attic
- Implementable General Biasing Scheme
- International Graduate Business School (Zagreb, Croatia)
- Interagency Grizzly Bear Study Team (USGS)
- Imaging and Graphics Business Team
- Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor
- Integrated Gate Bipolar Transistor
- Inspector General Basic Training Program (US Office of Inspector General)
- I'll Get Back to You
- I'll Get Back to You Shortly
- Indiana Grain Buyers and Warehouse Licensing Agency
- Illini Glider Club (Monticello, Il)
- Imagen Generada por Computadora
- Imagery & Geospatial Community
- In-Game Currency (online gaming)
- Incremental Garbage Collector (computer memory management)
- Independent Garden Center
- Indian Gaming Center
- Indiana Gaming Commission
- Indiana Government Center
- Indie Game Con (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The contract calls on the Lockheed Martin team to merge DLA's Integrated Data Environment (IDE) distribution system with USTRANSCOM's Global Transportation Network (GTN) into a unified system called IDE/GTN Convergence (IGC).
Where we have areas where it appears that standardization can be done, we certainly focus on that, such as our successful standardization of warehousing operations that support all of DoD, and in our logistics data projects such as the IDE/GTN convergence that I talked about earlier.