His involvement in a love triangle is the talk of the staff room - usually it's an isosceles triangle or, in yer posher establishments, a hypotenuse one.
What does HYP stand for?
HYP stands for Hypotenuse
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HYP
We have 16 other meanings of HYP in our Acronym Attic
- Hypoxia Up-Regulated 1
- Halkin Yukselisi Partisi (Turkish: People's Ascent Party)
- Harvard, Yale, Princeton
- Hey You Pikachu (game)
- High Yield Plus Fund, Inc.
- High Yield Portfolio
- Hispanic Yellow Pages (various locations)
- Huntsville Young Professionals (Huntsville, AL)
- Hyphenation (file name extension)
- Hispanic Yellow Pages of America
- Hybrid Programmable Attitude Control Electronics (processor; US NASA)
- Hybrid Particle and Concentration Transport Model
- Helping Young People Excel
- Helping Young Professionals Engage (various locations)
- Helping Youth Prepare for Employment (Trinidad & Tobago)
- Helping Youth Pursue Excellence
- Houston Young Playwrights Exchange (Texas)
- Hy-School Programs and Endeavours
- High-Yield Pileup Event Recovery (camera design)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Whose most famous theorum is the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides?
The hypotenuse of triangle DEF is greater than or equal to the side DF.
The child's father, engineer Muwafaq al-Karki, says Abdulqader mastered the four basic operations of elementary arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division), adding that the child was trained by his parents to solve equations of the second degree and calculus problems for calculating the length of the hypotenuse in a right-angled triangle using the Pythagorean theorem.
The square on the hypotenuse equals the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
No wonder I never tell my hypotenuse from my elbow.
The Hungarian was the only one of his team to consider the length and direction of the hypotenuse and as a result the triangles, perfect though they were, had nought but cosmetic effect.
THE MUSIC OF PYTHAGORAS KITTY FERGUSON Anyone who has taken--and passed--high school geometry knows the Pythagorean theorem: In a right triangle, the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.