The differential diagnosis of asthma in children older than 5 years includes: a) Hyperventilation syndrome b) Vocal cord dysfunction c) Halitosis d) Non-respiratory cause of symptoms e) Other forms of obstructive lung disease.
What does HVS stand for?
HVS stands for Hyperventilation Syndrome (respiratory disorder)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HVS
We have 118 other meanings of HVS in our Acronym Attic
- Home Video Studio (various locations)
- Hospitality Valuation Services (est. 1980)
- Hosted Voice Service (various companies)
- Hrvatski Veslaki Savez (Croatian Rowing Federation)
- Hue, Value, Saturation (color model, aka HLS)
- Human Visual System
- Huron Valley Schools (Highland, MI)
- Hybrid Visual System
- Hyper-Velocity Star
- Hypervariable Segment (mitochondrial DNA)
- Heart Valve Society of America (New York, NY)
- High-Voltage Slow Activity (neurophysiology)
- High-Voltage Slow Electrocortical Activity
- High Voltage Switchboard
- High Voltage Sid Collection
- Hillcrest Village Soccer Club (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Horizontal Vertical Squeeze Casting (aluminium extrusion technology)
- Hudson Valley Ski Club (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- Huron Valley Soccer Club (Michigan)
- Huron Valley Steel Corporation (est. 1961; Michigan and Alabama)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Most therapists utilise the Nijmegen questionnaire, an internationally validated tool used to support a diagnosis of hyperventilation syndrome (van Dixhoorn & Duivenvoorden, 1985).
A common but little-known condition called hyperventilation syndrome (HVS) is the culprit.
Chronic hyperventilation syndrome (CHS) is a little understood condition.
His writings to this day bear remarkable similarities to the writings of contemporary authors on hyperventilation syndrome and postural weakness caused by modern lifestyles.
Senior lecturer in cardio-respiratory physiotherapy at Auckland University of Technology, David Nichols, discussed the high prevalence of hyperventilation syndrome and breathing pattern disorder (BPD).