8) In a continuation of the trend toward sustainable materials, hydroxypropyl starch has been shown to be an effective fixative for temporary styling of hair even in a high humidity environment (9), (10) especially if nonionic or anionic fixative resins, such as PVP/VA copolymer, or chitosan, are included in the formulation.
What does HOPS stand for?
HOPS stands for Hydroxypropyl Starch
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HOPS
We have 21 other meanings of HOPS in our Acronym Attic
- Hang On, Phone's Ringing
- Harcerskie Ochotnicze Pogotowie Ratunkowe (Polish: Scouts Volunteer Emergency Service)
- Harvesting Opportunity Permit Scheme
- Head Office Processing System
- Helmet-mounted Optical Projection System
- Henkilökohtainen Opetussuunnitelma (Finnish: independent study)
- Historic Ocala Preservation Society (Florida)
- History, Observation, Palpation, Special Tests
- HIV Outpatient Study
- Hosting Operations
- Hypophosphatasia, Infantile
- Hopping Security
- Hamster Oocyte Penetration Test
- Hamster Ova Penetration Test
- Higher-Order Path Termination (telecommunications)
- High Order Path Terminating Equipment
- Hospital Hotel (various locations)
- High Optical Power Test Facility (Gingin, Australia)
- Home Owner Property Tax Relief (California)
- House of Plastics Unlimited
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The polymer (INC: Hydroxypropyl starch phosphate) features effective rheology modification and film-forming capabilities to provide both excellent thickening and long-lasting hold, said AkzoNobel.
9) Suitable anionic polysaccharides for this purpose are claimed to be selected from aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, sodium starch octenylsuccinate, calcium starch octenylsuccinate, distarch phosphates, hydroxyethyl starch phosphates, hydroxypropyl starch phosphates, sodium carboxymethyl starches, and sodium starch glycolate.