2 billion Hydrogen Fuel Initiative to perform research, development, and demonstration (R&D) for developing hydrogen fuel cells for use as a substitute for gasoline engines.
What does HFI stand for?
HFI stands for Hydrogen Fuel Initiative (est. 2004)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HFI
We have 72 other meanings of HFI in our Acronym Attic
- Hollywood Film Institute (since 1990; in Santa Monica, California)
- Homes for Islington (UK)
- Hope for Israel (Jewish ministry)
- Hormone-Free Interval (oral contraceptives)
- Host Front-End Interface
- Hostile Fire Indication
- Human Factors Interface
- Human Factors International
- Human Freedom Index
- Hunt Foods and Industries
- Hawaii Forest Industry Association
- Hemp Food Industries Association (UK)
- High Frequency Industry Association
- Home Furnishings Independent Association
- Home Furnishings International Association
- Household Food Insecurity Access Scale (risk measurement method)
- Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers (trade union)
- Happy Families International Center (est. 1992; New York)
- Harry Feigenbaum Ingénieur Conseil
- HF Intra-Task Force Communications
Samples in periodicals archive:
Topics include the state of the US hydrogen fuel initiative, manufacturing costs, durability and performance in extreme environments, automotive stack needs, membrane degradation mechanisms, accelerated testing of fuel cell stacks, high-performance materials, modeling cathodes, lithium ion applications, advancements for portable applications, and air system efficiency.
The President's Hydrogen Fuel Initiative seeks to make the purchase of fuel cell vehicles both practical and cost-effective for large numbers of Americans by 2020.
I laid out a hydrogen fuel initiative, and I want to thank the members of Congress for adding to the momentum of this initiative through this energy bill.
The research is being done in cooperation with DOE's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy under the President's Hydrogen Fuel Initiative.
The president's hydrogen fuel initiative is one of the most exciting and ambitious scientific endeavors underway," said DOE secretary Samuel Bodman.
Governmental initiatives such as the Hydrogen Fuel Initiative in the United States and various projects in the European Union also help to accelerate active R&D in hydrogen technologies," notes Frost & Sullivan Senior Research Analyst Naveen Sundar.
2 billion Hydrogen Fuel Initiative to develop technology for commercially viable hydrogen-powered fuel cells, which would power cars, trucks, homes, and businesses with no pollution or greenhouse gases.