It also aims to transfer environment-friendly technology into the Kingdom, the minister added, noting the national strategy for phasing out hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFC), which cause ozone depletion.
What does HCFC stand for?
HCFC stands for Hydrochlorofluorocarbon
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCFC
We have 17 other meanings of HCFC in our Acronym Attic
- Health Care Fraud and Abuse Control
- Health Care Financing Administration Demonstration Project (New York)
- Harvest Christian Fellowship Arizona
- Home Credit & Finance Bank
- Huron County Farm Bureau (Michigan)
- Harambee Christian Family Center (Pasadena, CA)
- Harris County Flood Control District (est. 1937; Texas)
- Health Care Facilities Committee (various locations)
- House of Commons Finance Committee (Canada)
- Hull City Football Club (the Sleeping Giant)
- Harris County Flood Control District
- Harris County Federal Credit Union (Houston, TX)
- Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union
- Highgrove Community Federal Credit Union (St. Paul, MN)
- Harrods Creek Fire Department (Jefferson County, KY)
- High-Calorie/High-Fat Diet
- Houston Canine Frisbee Disc Club
- Happy Charm Fool Dance Music
- Hartlepool College of Further Education (UK)
- Hartford County Fire Emergency Plan (Plainville, CT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Environment and Natural Resources Secretary Ramon Paje said the government has decided to set a limit on the import of hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), a group of ozone depleting substances (ODS), starting 2013.
The Ministry of Trade and Industry is in the process of phasing out products containing harmful Hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) chemicals to allow for a transition to non-HCFC technology following the Montreal Protocol.
lt;p>The State Department said the three countries believed the Montreal Protocol, which regulates hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) blamed for depleting the ozone layer, could also help phase down hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) used in cooling equipment, which are expected to increase sharply in coming years.
As the next key challenge of the protocol, finding alternatives to hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), an ozone depleting and global warming chemical mainly used in refrigeration, will be another main topic for discussions.
Byline: Manama A national project to phase out Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) that are harmful to the environment was launched at a workshop in the Crowne Plaza.
[Freons are the odorless, colorless, non-flammable, and non-corrosive chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) and hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) refrigerants which are used in air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
The Alliance for Responsible Atmospheric Policy has cautioned industry and the public to be certain that their hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) refrigerant purchases are legal, and to refuse to buy illegally imported refrigerants.