In 1934, William McLellan was working on the creation of a hydro-electric power station in Galloway in Scotland when he was found drowned in a flooded ditch.
What does HEPS stand for?
HEPS stands for Hydro-Electric Power Station (various locations)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HEPS
We have 21 other meanings of HEPS in our Acronym Attic
- Higher Education Processes Network
- Health Economics and Policy Research Unit (University of Glamorgan; Pontypridd, Wales, UK)
- Higher Education Policy Research Unit (Ireland)
- Headline Earnings per Share
- Henderson European Property Securities (Henderson Investors Singapore)
- High Efficiency Performance Standards (Australia)
- High Energy Particle Sensor (National Polar-Orbiting Operational Environmental Satellite System; US NOAA)
- High Energy Protein Supplement
- Higher Education Partnership for Sustainability
- History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology (various universities)
- Higher Education Partnership of Southeast Florida (Oakland Park, FL)
- Higher Education and Public Sector Systems (business unit; SunGard; Wayne, PA)
- Higher Education Preparation and Support Service (US Department of Education)
- Hamster Egg Penetration Test (fertility)
- High Energy Plasma Thrower (X3: Reunion; video game)
- High Event Product Tour
- Hybrid Extreme Point Tabu Search (algorithm)
- Higher Education Policy Unit (University of Leeds; UK)
- Hydraulic-Electric Power Unit (mobile robots)
- Hierarchical Encoded Path View
Samples in periodicals archive:
The pipeline you can see leading down the valley supplies water from Llyn Llydaw to Cwm Dyli hydro-electric power station.
Moscow and Bishkek also signed an agreement on the construction and operation of the Kambaratinsky hydro-electric power station and Verkhnye-Narynsky dam.
One of the agreements will schedule the start of construction work on a hydro-electric power station on the Arax river which runs along the two countries' border, the Armenian energy ministry said.
Existing sources of electricity include the Van Eck Coal Power Station in Windhoek with a capacity of 120 megawatt, the Ruacana Hydro-electric Power Station with a capacity of 240 megawatt and the Walvis Bay Paratus Diesel Power Station with a capacity of 18.
The accumulated water then triggered mudslides that hit the county's main town, smashed a hydro-electric power station, Xinhua and local television reports said.
The two sides reviewed ways of expanding bilateral cooperation in establishment of hydro-electric power station and using green energies to produce electricity, as well as the bilateral ties in oil and gas sectors.
Yet most of the eels killed in Ireland are actually being destroyed by the turbines at the ESB''s hydro-electric power station at Ardnacrusha.