using a Ford Hybrid Escape platform, is working to pair hybrid electric vehicles with a hydrogen delivery and storage system that can potentially offer a cost effective alternative to fuel cell power * Dana Corporation's parallel and series Intelligent Hydraulic Drive technology for the Army's Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles and the HMMWV * The Hydraulic Hybrid, Advanced Materials, and Multifuel Engine Research program with Eaton Corporation's Hydraulic Launch Assist system * United Solar Ovonic's UNI-PAC solar panel, which can be worn by soldiers and adapted to recharge a field generator or vehicle.
What does HLA stand for?
HLA stands for Hydraulic Launch Assist
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HLA
We have 161 other meanings of HLA in our Acronym Attic
- Hjørring - Løkken - Aabybro (Private Railway Jylland, Denmark)
- Home Loan Account (mortgages)
- Home Loan Applicant (credit)
- Home Location Agent
- Hong Leong Asia (China)
- Honorary Legal Adviser (Citizens Advice Bureau; UK)
- Horizontal Line Array
- Housing Land Availability (various locations)
- Human Leukocyte Antigen
- Hydraulic Lash Adjuster (automotive valve train component)
- Hyperbaric Lighting Assemblies
- HLADC Histocompatibility Type
- Major Histocompatibility Complex, Class II, DQ
- Major Histocompatibility Complex, Class II, DR Alpha
- Hearing Loss Association of Florida
- Health Legislation Amendment Act (Australia)
- Hearing Loss Association of America (formerly Self Help for Hard of Hearing People; Bethesda, MD)
- Heated Linoleic Acid Anilide
- Hippuryl-L-Argininic Acid
- Housing Land Availability Assessment (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The EPA was showcasing its latest hydraulic launch assist system (an "accumulator"), which reportedly recovers and reuses about 70% of a vehicle's kinetic energy on stopping.
TRW claims EHB can easily be blended with regenerative braking systems, like Hydraulic Launch Assist, to give the driver a consistent pedal feel independent of the type or amount of braking (HLA torque or friction) being used.
Testing has proven that the Model 320 Hybrid powered by Hydraulic Launch Assist Technology is an ideal environmental option for refuse applications," says Bill Jackson, Peterbilt General Manager and PACCAR Vice President.
These vehicles utilize a hydraulic launch assist (HLA) system developed by Eaton to capture and store energy during braking.
Eaton is the only manufacturer producing both hybrid electric and hybrid hydraulic systems, including the Hydraulic Launch Assist (HLA([R])) parallel hybrid system.
We are excited about showcasing the Hydraulic Launch Assist system technology in a U.
23, 2003 Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation (NYSE:ETN) displayed its Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) powertrain and Hydraulic Launch Assist (HLA(TM)) System technologies here at the fifth-annual Michelin Challenge Bibendum 2003.