Summary: A third body has been found within a few hundred yards of where two men were found dead by the side of a road in West Yorkshire.
What does HY stand for?
HY stands for Hundred Yards
This definition appears very rarely
See other definitions of HY
We have 3 other meanings of HY in our Acronym Attic
- Heat Exchanger Water
- Hua Xia Wen Zhai (online Chinese magazine)
- Hypoxanthine/xanthine Oxidase System
- Half Yearly
- Hell Yeah
- Helsingin Yliopisto (Finnish: University of Helsinki)
- Hey Yall
- High Yield Strength (steel)
- Hitler Youth
- Uzbekistan Havo Yullary (Uzbekistan Airways, IATA airline code)
- Hoehn and Yahr stage I
- Hylleraas-Configuration Interaction
- Hylleraas-Configuration Interaction Valence Bond
- High Dynamics Vehicles Project
- Hybrid Single Particle Lagrangian Integrated Trajectories
- Handicapped Young Adults (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Ltd. (Glenview, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The explosives-packed cars were parked a few hundred yards (meters) apart near a government.
It is a shame but the new site is actually nearer to the town centre and only a few hundred yards from the original site.
Often the bootleggers will buy gasoline at a local station, and then deploy themselves a few hundred yards away, selling their gas at up to 100 percent profit.
At one time you could recognise a car's manufacturer from a few hundred yards away.
Mrs MacRae's BMW car was found burning in a lay-by a few hundred yards from Dalmagarry Quarry, south of Inverness, but the mother and son have never been found.
Imagine living in a city where a few hundred yards from your house thousands of people are shut in their homes for days on end simply because they are members of a different ethnic group; children cannot go to school and adults cannot get to work.
Coal burning and automobile and industrial emissions, for instance, are so unregulated that the air pollution sometimes makes it difficult for residents to see more than a few hundred yards.