The vessel can be used for maritime activities like marine security, beaching, un-beaching, humanitarian relief operations and evacuation from distant islands, search and rescue operations and peace-keeping missions.
What does HRO stand for?
HRO stands for Humanitarian Relief Operations
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HRO
We have 60 other meanings of HRO in our Acronym Attic
- Hogeschool Rotterdam (The Netherlands)
- Holme Roberts & Owen (law firm; now Bryan Cave HRO (Holme Roberts & Owen); various locations
- Honorary Rural Organizer (trade unions)
- Hospital Regional de Occidente (Guatemala)
- Hostage Release Operation (NATO)
- Housing Referral Office
- Human Resources Office
- Human Resources Outsourcing
- Human Rights Ordinance
- Human Rights Organization
- Humanitarian Relief Organization
- Rostock (Germany, auto license plate)
- Harness Racing Owners Association (Australia)
- Hollister Ranch Owners Association
- Human Resources Outsourcing Association
- Human Rights Office in Abkhazia, Georgia (UN office)
- Hardware Realization Of Adaptive Networks
- Human Resources Operations Branch (US Army)
- Hampton Roads Outreach Center (Norfolk, VA)
- Healing and Rebuilding Our Communities (African Great Lakes Initiative)
Samples in periodicals archive:
TSF's vital action is rendered possible thanks not only to AT&T's crucial support, but also and above all, thanks to its sensitivity towards the importance of telecommunications in humanitarian relief operations.
Both regime organs have also been responsible for or complicit in the obstruction of humanitarian relief operations and delivery of supplies into Darfur.
It "demands that the Syrian authorities take immediate steps to facilitate the expansion of humanitarian relief operations and lift bureaucratic impediments and other obstacles, including through immediately facilitating safe and unimpeded access to people in need, through the most effective ways, including across conflict lines and across borders.
government humanitarian relief operations in the Philippines in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan," it said.
In a statement on October 2, the UNSC urged all parties to take control of the conflict and help UN agencies and private aid groups "to take immediate steps to facilitate the expansion of humanitarian relief operations.
It also calls on President Bashar al-Assad to take "immediate steps" to facilitate expanding humanitarian relief operations and "lift bureaucratic impediments.
It calls on Assad's government "to take immediate steps to facilitate the expansion of humanitarian relief operations, and lift bureaucratic impediments and other obstacles.