The five local charities selected for the community grants were: -- Childhaven -- a community child-care center for young children suffering from abuse or neglect; -- FareStart -- a training program that offers homeless people a 16-week course in the restaurant industry; -- Humane Society for Seattle/King County -- the charity's pet food bank program collects and distributes food to the pets of local low-income senior citizens; -- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Alaska, Montana, Northern Idaho & Washington -- which grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions; and -- Pasado's Safe Haven -- a Northwest organization that rescues, treats and finds owners and homes for displaced animals.
What does HSSKC stand for?
HSSKC stands for Humane Society for Seattle/King County (Washington)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Hunting and Shooting Sports Heritage Fund (est. 1998)
- High School Science Honors Program
- High Speed Serial Interface
- Homeland Security Solutions, Inc. (Hampton, VA)
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index
- Henry Street School for International Studies (New York, NY)
- Historical Science Society of Japan
- Horticultural Society of South Jersey (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- Hill Schwartz Spilker Keller
- Hospital for Special Surgery Knee (rating system)
- Hospital for Special Surgery Knee Score
- Harita Seating Systems Limited (India)
- High-Speed Serial Link
- Hindustan Studies and Services, Ltd. (India; est. 1992)
- Hopkins Storage Systems Lab (John Hopkins University; Maryland)
- Hughes Software Systems Ltd. (India)
- Humanities and Social Sciences Library (various locations)
- High School Student Leadership Conference
- Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (examination)
- Humane Society of St Lucie County (Ft. Pierce, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Finlay is a graduate of the University of Washington and serves on the board of the Humane Society for Seattle/King County.
Participating animal shelters on Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15 include the PAWS of Lynnwood, PAWS of Bremerton, PAWS Cat City of Seattle, PAWS of Bainbridge Island, Hooterville Safehaus, The Humane Society for Seattle/King County, Kitsap Humane Society, Purrfect Pals, Cascade Animal Protection Society (CAPS), Clallam County Humane Society, North County Animal Shelter, Skagit Valley Humane Society, and Whidbey Animal Improvement Foundation.