They have reported the successful use of stem cells derived from human umbilical cord blood to deliver a novel therapeutic gene-interleukin-12-to the brain for long-term anti-tumor activity against gliomas, a deadly type of brain tumor.
What does HUCB stand for?
HUCB stands for Human Umbilical Cord Blood
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion (since 1875)
- Hang Up, Call Again
- Harvard University Cycling Association (est. 1890)
- Hebrew Union College Annual (journal)
- Historic Urban Character Area (UK)
- Home Uterine Contraction Assessment (obstetrics and gynecology)
- Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias (Oviedo, Asturias, Spain)
- Harlem United Community AIDS Center (New York, NY)
- Human Combinatorial Antibody Library
- Howard University Collaborative Alcohol Research Center
- Human Umbilical Cord Blood Cell
- Heads of University Centres of Biomedical Science (London, England, UK)
- Human Umbilical Cord Blood Transplantation
- Henrietta United Church of Christ (Henrietta, NY)
- Hillsborough United Church of Christ (Hillsborough, NC)
- Hofstra University Cultural Center (est. 1976; New York)
- Hokkaido University Computing Center (Japan)
- Hokkaido University Cycling Club
- Holladay United Church of Christ (Holladay, UT)
- Human Uterine Cervix Carcinoma Cell (oncology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
signed two research and licensing agreements for human umbilical cord blood stem cell treatment for spinal cord injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, ALS, and other problems of the central nervous system.
Scientists have succeeded in growing stem cells from human umbilical cord blood and bone marrow in developing pig foetuses.
Human umbilical cord blood produces natural IgM antibodies to HIM reported Toby C.
The scientists double- and triple-checked their results to make sure that the enzyme indeed coated the blood vessel cells, which they had extracted from human umbilical cord blood.
Human umbilical cord blood is a rich source of the stem and progenitor cells in bone marrow, and helps patients with genetic and blood disorders who cannot be matched to a donor.
OTCBB:BMSN), a biotechnology company focused on adult stem cell processing and cryogenic storage, announced today that they have received and processed human umbilical cord blood units as part of their long-term liquid nitrogen storage quality assurance and testing program.
About FT1050 Phase 1b Study Design The Phase 1b trial for FT1050 is expected to enroll twelve adult patients who are undergoing nonmyeloablative therapy with HSC support and will use two human umbilical cord blood (CB) units as the source of HSCs.