The candidate vaccine is based on Vical's DNA gene delivery technology and encodes human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT).
What does hTERT stand for?
hTERT stands for Human Telomerase Reverse Transcriptase
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of hTERT in our Acronym Attic
- Human Thymic Epithelial Conditioned Medium
- Howell Township Education Foundation (est. 2005; New Jersey)
- Hypertriglyceridemic Essential Hypertensive Patients
- High Training Educational Institute
- Hutchison Telecom East Limited (India)
- Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church (Raleigh, NC)
- High Temperature Electromagnetic Actuator
- Heath Town Estate Management Board
- Hackney Training and Employment Network (London, UK)
- History Teacher Education Network (UK)
- Hellenic Trace Element Society
- High-Temperature Electrolysis of Steam
- Horseshoe Trails Elementary School (Cave Creek, AZ)
- Human Thymic Epithelial Cell Supernatant
- Hurricane Town Elementary School (Hurricane, WV)
- Hydro-Tech Environmental Systems (Rohnert Park, CA)
- Hindustan Times Employees Union (India)
- Hall Thruster Experiment
- Half The Fight (punk rock band)
- Hanford Tank Farm
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the most frequently studied markers for bladder cancer is the mRNA of human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT)  because its concentration correlates with telomerase activity, which is absent in most human somatic cells but detectable in 85% of human tumors (7).
This virus has been modified so that it will specifically replicate in the majority of tumors which express an enzyme called human telomerase reverse transcriptase, that is not found in most normal tissues.
Human telomerase reverse transcriptase (TERT) [4,5] contains the enzyme's catalytic subunit (1-3), and the expression of the functional hTERT protein is a prerequisite for acquisition of telomerase activity (4).
This virus has been modified so that it will specifically replicate in the majority of tumors which express an enzyme called human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT), that is not found in most normal tissues.
The new line, T HESC, is a human endometrium fibroblast-like cell line immortalized with human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT).
Real-time quantification in plasma of human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) mRNA: a simple blood test to monitor disease in cancer patients.
Telomerase consists of two core subunits, both cloned by Geron scientists and collaborators: hTR, the human telomerase RNA component, and hTERT, the human telomerase reverse transcriptase.