Hekmat Shahi, gender and human rights unit (GHRU) head at the Ministry of Interior (MoI, said the MoI had been trying to enforce laws through the police, the only force dealing with cases of violence against women.
What does HRU stand for?
HRU stands for Human Rights Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HRU
We have 28 other meanings of HRU in our Acronym Attic
- Hearings and Release Unit
- Heat Recovery Unit
- Herington Regional Airport, Herington, Kansas, USA (airport code)
- Hi-current Relay Unit
- High Risk Unit
- Higher Reasoning Unit
- Hose Recovery Unit (firefighting equipment)
- How Are You
- Human Reproduction Update (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology)
- Human Resources Unlimited
- Humanities Research Unit (University of Saskatchewan)
- Hydrogen Recovery Unit
- Hydrological Research Unit
- Hydrological Response Unit
- Hydrostatic Release Unit
- Hypermedia Research Unit
- Hampton Roads Utility Billing Service (Norfolk, VA)
- How Are You Doing
- High-Resolution Ultima Map Project (online gaming)
- High-Risk Urban Problem
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Human Rights Unit reports to me as well as to the Special Representative of the Secretary-General, the SRSG.
Speaking at the launch of the report in Kabul today (31 July), Georgette Gagnon UNAMA's Director of the Human Rights Unit said that the mission had documented "1,319 deaths and 2,533 injuries -- a total of 3,852 civilian casualties.
There were also interventions from the Head of the Democracy and Human Rights Unit at the Ministry of Interior, the Head of the PCP's Bureau for Grievances and Human Rights, the Head of PCP Inspectorate General's Office as well as representatives from the Military Justice and from the Military Prosecution.
society institutions, in cooperation with human rights unit in UN mission in
The change also includes a reorganization of FEADP, with the head of the agency answering directly to the attorney general rather than to the PGR's human rights unit.
Rhetoric [has not been] matched by reality," says the head of UNAMA's human rights unit, Norah Niland.
This disquieting pattern demands that the parties to the conflict take all necessary measures to avoid the killing of civilians," the report by the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan human rights unit said.