Recently, a novel VPAC1 isoform was identified in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) that lacks exons 10-12 to form a 5TM receptor that lacks Gas coupling, but elicits significant tyrosine phosphorylation when treated with exogenous ligand in ectopically overexpressed CHO cells.
What does HPBMC stand for?
HPBMC stands for Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cell
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Host Processor/Bus Interface Dedicated
- Hewlett Packard Broadband Internet Delivery System
- Host Processor/Bus Interface Global
- Height of the Planetary Boundary Layer (meteorology)
- High Performance Brushless
- Human Peripheral Blood Lymphocyte
- School of Health Professions, Behavioral, and Life Sciences (New York Institute of Technology)
- Human Peripheral Blood Monocyte-Derived Macrophages
- Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cell
- Hyde Park Barracks Museum (Sydney, Australia)
- Human Phosphatidylethanolamine-Binding Protein
- Hardway Pro Bull Riders Association
- Human Peripheral-Type Benzodiazepine Receptor (biochemistry)
- Hyde Park Baptist School (Austin, TX)
- Hematopoietic Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplant
- Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (Dharamshala, India)
- Hollow Point Boat Tail (bullet)
- High Performance Boost Vehicle (Lockheed Martin)
- High Performance Butterfly Valve
- High Pressure Bleed Valve (high bypass turberfan jet engines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PPL-240(TM) -- photoprotective antioxidant Findings from Polypodium leucotomos extract, PPL-240, prevents solar-induced DNA damage in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells were presented April 6 (poster number: A414) and analyzed the effect of PPL-240 on the cellular damage of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) induced by solar radiation.
Accordingly, we investigated human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) freshly isolated from whole blood of healthy donors and stimulated them with mitogens (3-6).
In this assay, compounds are evaluated for their ability to stimulate human peripheral blood mononuclear cells to secrete specific cytokines and chemokines.
Two of the posters present information on Avalon's biomarker program for the company's lead clinical candidate AVN944: -- The first poster, part of a collaboration with scientists from Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, is a description of Avalon's biomarker discovery process where AvalonRx(R) is used across a panel of cancer cell lines and normal human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC's) to identify biomarkers of response as well as markers for use in identifying patient populations that may respond to therapy.
The accepted abstracts include an oral presentation of interim results from a Phase 1 clinical trial which evaluated IMO-2125 in null-responder HCV patients and a poster presentation of gene expression profiles in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) stimulated with IMO-2125.
Abstract 1593: "IMO-2125, a TLR9 agonist, induces Th-1 type cytokines and interferons with potent anti-HCV activity in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) and plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDCs)" In this study, IMO-2125 induction of cytokines was evaluated in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (hPBMCs) and plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDCs).
Potency studies: independent studies, performed at Walter Reed Army Medical Facility, on another virus (HIV) on a blind basis have shown Alferon N to be up to 100-fold more effective than equal concentrations of two different recombinant IFNs for inhibition of virus replication in primary human peripheral blood mononuclear cells.