The legislative amendment to the Human Organ Transplant Act was passed by lawmakers Tuesday, according to the parliament website.
What does HOTA stand for?
HOTA stands for Human Organ Transplant Act (Singpore)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HOTA
We have 8 other meanings of HOTA in our Acronym Attic
- House Of Toast
- House of Tools
- House of Trust (song)
- HUP (Hirschman Uncertainty Principle) Optimal Transform
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Hypertension Optimal Treatment
- Heart of the Alliance (FanForce gaming group)
- History of the Americas
- Home Office Type Approval (Home Office certification process; UK)
- Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Humberside Offshore Training Association (UK)
- Hotel Accommodation (travel/airline)
- Heritage of the Ancient Ones (Florida)
- Heads of Treasuries Accounting and Reporting Advisory Committee (Australia)
- Hands-On Throttle & Stick (flight simulation joysticks)
- Heart of the Beholder (film)
- Handing on Tradition by Electronic Dissemination (UK)
- Higher-Order Table-Based Method
- Heart of the Canyons (ministry)
- Hippocampal Organotypic Culture
Samples in periodicals archive:
The plan to amend the Human Organ Transplant Act follows a recent high profile case involving a local business magnate who was jailed and fined for attempting to buy a kidney from an Indonesian man.
Under the Human Organ Transplant Act 1989, it is illegal to offer to supply an organ for money.
A spokesman for the Transplant Support Service said: "Any commercial trade in organs is strictly prohibited in this country under the Human Organ Transplant Act 1989.
In June 1987 the parliament enacted the Human organ Transplant Act (HOTA).
Under the Human Organ Transplant Act (1989) it is illegal to offer to supply an organ for money.
Dr Makkar denied serious professional misconduct, participation and/or encouragement of the trade in human organs and breaching the Human Organ Transplant Act 1989.
Under the Human Organ Transplant Act 1989 it is illegal to offer to supply an organ for money.