In one study, co-infection with respiratory syncytial virus and human metapneumovirus resulted in significant increase in pneumonia development compared to individuals infected with a single virus.
What does hMPV stand for?
hMPV stands for Human Metapneumovirus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of hMPV in our Acronym Attic
- His/Her Majesty's Pakistan Ship
- Hot Melt Pressure Sensitive (adhesive)
- Hydrographic Multibeam Processing System
- Hot Melt Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive
- Hazard Mitigation Planning Team (various locations)
- Hazardous Materials Packaging and Transportation
- Hexamethylphosphoric Triamide
- Human-Factors, Manpower, Personnel, & Training
- Himpunan Masyarakat Peduli Transmigrasi Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesia Transmigration Community Care Association)
- Hull Mission Processor Unit
- High Melting Point Wax
- Hazardous Material Packaging Working Group (US Air Force or US DoD)
- Herbal Medicinal Products Working Group (est. 1997; European Medicines Evaluation Agency)
- Herbal Medicinal Products Working Party (Europe; assessment group for natural medications)
- Health Management Quarterly
- Health Marketing Quarterly (est .1983)
- Health Measurement Questionnaire
- Henry Marcus Quackenbush (nutcracker inventor)
- Her Majesty the Queen
- Heteronuclear Multiple Quantum Coherence
Samples in periodicals archive:
Asthma exacerbations in children associated with rhinovirus but not with human metapneumovirus infection.
This edition includes material on several recently described viruses, including human metapneumovirus, West Nile virus, bocaviruses, and newer influenza viruses and adenoviruses, plus a broadened focus on papillomaviruses and polyomaviruses.
In addition to the RSV/PIV-3 vaccine candidate to be used in this study, MedImmune researchers are working through a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), to develop live, attenuated intranasal vaccines designed to reduce the consequences of disease caused by RSV; PIV types 1, 2 and 3; and human metapneumovirus (hMPV).
To further validate the specificity of this assay, NPA samples from healthy individuals (n = 11) and patients suffering from adenovirus (n = 11), respiratory syncytial virus (n = 11), human metapneumovirus (n = 11), influenza A virus (n = 13), or influenza B virus (n = 1) infection were recruited as negative controls.
The FilmArray RP is a user-friendly multiplex PCR assay designed for the detection and differentiation of a panel of respiratory viruses and bacteria including: adenovirus, bocavirus, corona viruses, human metapneumovirus, influenza A and B viruses, parainfluenza viruses, rhino/entero viruses, respiratory syncytial virus, Bordetella pertussis, and Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
Multiplex PCR analysis for respiratory pathogens indicated sequences of human metapneumovirus (HMPV) in serum; lung tissue; and throat, nose, anus, and vagina swabs from the adult gorilla, and in lung tissue from the infant (Table).
There are many viruses that cause flu-like symptoms in children and adults alike--rhinovirus, human metapneumovirus, adenovirus, parainfluenza.