Marrow failure associated with human herpes virus 8 infection after transplantation.
What does HHV8 stand for?
HHV8 stands for Human Herpes Virus 8 (causative agent of Kaposi''s sarcoma)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HHV8 in our Acronym Attic
- Help Hospitalized Veterans (Winchester, CA)
- High Heating Value
- Higher Heating Value
- Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Human Herpes Virus
- Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle (fuel economy)
- Human Herpes Virus Type 1
- Human Herpes Virus Type 6
- Human Herpes Virus 1 (also seen as herpes simplex virus 1)
- Human Herpes Virus 6
- Human Hepatitis B Virus
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Hearing Handicapped/Visually Impaired
- Human Hookworm Vaccine Initiative (Sabin Vaccine Institute, Washington DC)
- Hertog Hendrik van Lotharingen
- Hip Hop Virtual Machine
- Haarlemse Honkbal Week (Netherlands)
- Hamilton High West
- Heating Hot Water
- High High Water (same as HW springs)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, the risk of preterm birth was significantly higher in babies exposed to cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex virus 1, herpes simplex virus 2, Epstein-Barr virus, or human herpes virus 8.
Add human herpes virus 8 (HHV-8), a virus linked to an increased risk of Kaposi's sarcoma, to the growing list of microbial agents that can be transmitted through donor organs, according to a report in the November 19 issue of The New England Journal of Medicine.