Human Herpes Virus 6 reactivation has been also considered an additional risk factor for AHS.
What does HHV6 stand for?
HHV6 stands for Human Herpes Virus 6
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Heavy HMMWV
- Help Hospitalized Veterans (Winchester, CA)
- High Heating Value
- Higher Heating Value
- Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Human Herpes Virus
- Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle (fuel economy)
- Human Herpes Virus Type 1
- Human Herpes Virus Type 6
- Human Herpes Virus 1 (also seen as herpes simplex virus 1)
- Human Herpes Virus 8 (causative agent of Kaposi''s sarcoma)
- Human Hepatitis B Virus
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Hearing Handicapped/Visually Impaired
- Human Hookworm Vaccine Initiative (Sabin Vaccine Institute, Washington DC)
- Hertog Hendrik van Lotharingen
- Hip Hop Virtual Machine
- Haarlemse Honkbal Week (Netherlands)
- Hamilton High West
- Heating Hot Water
Samples in periodicals archive:
New research from the University of Rochester Medical Center shows that some parents pass on the human herpes virus 6 (HHV-6) to their children because it is integrated into their chromosomes.
In particular, neonates whose blood contained the nucleic acids of varicella zoster virus, human herpes virus 6, or human herpes virus 7 had nearly twice the rate of cerebral palsy (CP) as did nonexposed neonates in a retrospective case-control study that screened all children with CP who were born between 1986 and 1999 to white mothers in South Australia.