Human Herpes Virus 6 reactivation has been also considered an additional risk factor for AHS.
What does HHV stand for?
HHV stands for Human Herpes Virus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HHV
We have 14 other meanings of HHV in our Acronym Attic
- Herne Hill United Church (UK)
- Houston Harte University Center (Angelo State University, San Angelo; TX)
- Heinrich-Heine University of Duesseldorf (Germany)
- Hawaii Harbor Users Group
- Heartland HAZUS (Hazards United States) User Group (Kansas)
- Heavy HMMWV
- Help Hospitalized Veterans (Winchester, CA)
- High Heating Value
- Higher Heating Value
- Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle (fuel economy)
- Human Herpes Virus Type 1
- Human Herpes Virus Type 6
- Human Herpes Virus 1 (also seen as herpes simplex virus 1)
- Human Herpes Virus 6
- Human Herpes Virus 8 (causative agent of Kaposi''s sarcoma)
- Human Hepatitis B Virus
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Hearing Handicapped/Visually Impaired
- Human Hookworm Vaccine Initiative (Sabin Vaccine Institute, Washington DC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pylori, Epstein-Barr virus, human herpes virus type 8, and human T-cell lymphotrophic virus.
He added that the same kind of motor was also likely present in other viruses, such as the human herpes virus.
Persistent viral infection theory has reported that patients may have chronic Epstein-Barr virus infection, chronic enterovirus (coxsackie virus) infection, human herpes virus type 6 (HHV-6) infection, or human T-lymphotrophic virus type II (HTLV-II) retrovirus infection.
Add human herpes virus 8 (HHV-8), a virus linked to an increased risk of Kaposi's sarcoma, to the growing list of microbial agents that can be transmitted through donor organs, according to a report in the November 19 issue of The New England Journal of Medicine.
The findings, published in the August issue of Nature Medicine, raise hopes that Kaposi's sarcoma can be prevented if effective drugs or vaccines can be developed to counter human herpes virus 8 (HHV8), said the University of California, San Francisco, scientists.
The present Competitive Intelligence Report about Herpes Virus Vaccines & Therapeutics provides a competitor evaluation in the field of prophylactic vaccines and therapeutic antibodies and small molecules against infection caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 1 and/or type 2 and varicella zoster virus (VZV) or human herpes virus type 3 (HHV-3) as of December 2012.
A group of researchers there reported finding a link between MS and the human herpes virus known as HHV-6.