We focus our research around how human genetic variation affects heart disease risk.
What does HGV stand for?
HGV stands for Human Genetic Variation (medical research)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HGV
We have 16 other meanings of HGV in our Acronym Attic
- House Government and Urban Affairs Committee
- High Grade Universal Century (Mobile Suit Gundam, models)
- Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Mara (Spanish hospital; Madrid, Spain)
- Hokusei Gakuen University Junior College (Sapporo, Japan)
- Hyphal Growth Unit Length
- Hickory Grove United Methodist Church (Charlotte, NC)
- Head Gasket Volume (engine design)
- Heavy Goods Vehicle
- Hepatitis G Virus (infection)
- Highlands' Garden Village (Denver, CO)
- Hypersonic Glide Vehicle
- Heritage Grand Vacation Club (timeshare in Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur, Johore Bharu of Malaysia)
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Hilton Grand Vacations Company, LLC (Orlando, FL)
- Human Glomerular Visceral Epithelial Cells
- Hierarchical Generalized Voronoi Graph
- Human Germinal Vesicle Oocytes (genetics)
- Horizontal-Gaze Velocity Purkinje (Cell)
- Human Genome Variation Society (Carlton South VIC, Australia)
- Horizontal Ground Vibration Test (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
London, November 1 ( ANI ): Scientists behind the 1000 Genomes Project have developed a map of normal human genetic variation - everything from tiny changes in the genetic code to major alterations in our chromosomes.
The world's largest set of data on human genetic variation -- produced by the international 1000 Genomes Project -- is now publicly available on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, the National Institutes of Health and AWS jointly announced today.
95 Hardcover QH366 The second edition of this evolutionary biology textbook for undergraduate students has been expanded to include new sections on the evolution of sex and sexual selection, cooperation and conflict among species, new developments in human genetic variation and the evolution of parasites and pathogens.
Human Genetic Variation and Response to Diet Genetic variation across the human genome is being recognized as increasingly complex.
The idea, being called the 1000 Genomes Project, is to create a detailed and clinically relevant picture of human genetic variation.
An ambitious project to create the most detailed picture of human genetic variation yet has been launched by British and American scientists.
An international group of researchers last week unveiled a detailed map of human genetic variation within the major histocompatibility complex (MHC), the most important region of the human genome encoding the human response to infection, autoimmune disease and organ transplantation.