All of the mice were genetically predisposed to develop endometrial cancer, because they were missing one of their two PTEN tumour suppressor genes, loss of which is strongly linked to development of human endometrial cancer.
What does HEC stand for?
HEC stands for Human Endometrial Cancer (cells)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HEC
We have 266 other meanings of HEC in our Acronym Attic
- Hippocampal-Entorhinal Cortex (neurology)
- Hispanic Education Coalition
- Home Entertainment Center
- Home Entertainment Channel
- Home Equity Conversion (finance)
- Homeownership Education and Counseling (various locations)
- Horizon Emergency Care
- Horizons Educational Concepts
- Horry Electric Cooperative (Conway, SC)
- House Ethics Committee (US Congress)
- Human Endothelial Cell
- Human Equivalent Concentration
- Huntsville Engineering Center
- Hybrid Electronic Instrument Cluster (automotive)
- Hydrologic Engineering Center (Davis, CA)
- hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp
- Hyperion Energy Center (US EPA)
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd. (South Korea)
- Hyundai Engineering Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is also "compelling evidence" that the drug's active metabolite in the body -- 4-hydroxytamoxifen -- stimulates the growth of human endometrial cancer cells grown in culture, notes Liam J.