Starting with human embryonic kidney cells engineered to make a light-sensitive protein called melanopsin, researchers inserted a second gene encoding GLP-1, which governs production of insulin and other proteins that help control blood sugar.
What does HEK stand for?
HEK stands for Human Embryonic Kidney Cells
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HEK
We have 4 other meanings of HEK in our Acronym Attic
- Hungarian Electronic Journal of Sciences (online journal)
- Hussian Ebrahim Jamal Research Institute of Chemistry (Pakistan)
- Harvard Energy Journal Club
- Highland East Junior High (Moore, OK)
- Husein Ebrahim Jamal Research Institute of Chemistry (Pakistan)
- Hispana Esperantista Junulara Societo (Esperanto: Spanish Esperantist Youth Society)
- Halo Editing Kit (gaming)
- Händler Einkaufspreis
- Human Embryo Kidney Culture (cancer)
- Human Embryo Kinase (cell biology)
- Human Epidermal Keratinocyte
- Human Embryonal Kinase 2
- Human Embryonic Kidney Cell Line 293
- Higher Education Knowledge and Technology Exchange
- Hove Edegem Kontich Lint Aartselaar (Dutch: Your Local Police Online)
- Hardware Emulation Layer
- Harvard Education Letter (newsletter)
- Header Extension Length (ATMF)
- Helaman (Book of Mormon)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Specifically, the researchers expressed the ABCC11 gene and variant proteins in cultured human embryonic kidney cells and showed exactly how the ABCC11 gene produces the wet-type earwax and excessive armpit odor.
This protein was found to be present in numerous cell cultures so I purified to homogeneity by preparative isoelectric focusing and SDS polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis this protein from human embryonic kidney cells (i.