Several major modern human rabies vaccines include duck embryo vaccine, commercialized in 1957; human diploid cell vaccine, introduced in 1978; purified chicken embryo cell vaccine, developed in 1984; and a purified Vero cell rabies vaccine (PVRV), developed in the late 1980s.
What does HDCV stand for?
HDCV stands for Human Diploid Cell Vaccine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HDCV in our Acronym Attic
- Humanitarian and Development Coordination Section
- Human Diploid Cell Strain Rabies Vaccine
- Half Day City Tour (various locations)
- Heritable Disorder of Connective Tissue
- High Definition Computed Tomography
- High-Dose Chemotherapy (cancer treatment)
- High-Dose Cytotoxic Therapy
- Hybrid Discrete Cosine Transform
- Harbor Defense Command Unit (Naval Coastal Warfare commissioned reserve unit)
Samples in periodicals archive:
RabAvert also has proven effective in boosting titers when administered as a booster dose to individuals (n = 67) who previously were immunized with RabAvert or a human diploid cell vaccine.
Six were bat handlers who had received postexposure treatment with five doses of rabies human diploid cell vaccine (HDCV) during a 1996 campaign that followed the diagnosis of the first human case of ABL (2,7).